Decentralized Wastewater Management – The future is now
We need a radically different approach to manage our wastewater in rural areas across North America. Decentralized wastewater treatment systems provide a more sustainable and cost-effective method of managing water resources.
There are a few main reasons why a decentralized treatment strategy is advantageous over traditional centralized systems:
- Enables ‘just in time’ capacity building
- Keeps water within catchment
- Facilitates water conservation and re-use
- Avoids large scale failures
- Reduces costs and issues associated with conveyance to centralized facilities
At present most of the sewage treatment technologies are complex, require high capital investment and many of them do not meet the present and future discharge standards. Biological processes operating in many conventional sewage treatment operations release carbon dioxide and methane which are greenhouse gases, thus increasing their carbon footprint.
Wastewater treatment systems should be Eco-friendly and play an important role in the sustainable development of municipalities.
In contrast to existing treatment alternatives we provide the R2S System, a unique and innovative treatment method that’s highly cost-effective in terms of total life-cycle costs.
The system has the following advantages:
- advanced tertiary treatment,
- produces clear, odour-free, bacteria-free water,
- nutrient-rich bio-solids,
- eliminates the production of greenhouse gases,
- system is ETV (Environmental Technology Verification) tested and approved (ETV 2009-4).
The system is flexible in design, readily scalable to meet future requirements, and has the smallest footprint and electrical power consumption. The system is completely automated which makes it simpler to operate and maintain. The technology uses two proprietary additives to carry out the required reactions. When used in accordance with design, the additives are a blend of non-toxic, biodegradable, non-hazardous and soil-friendly additives.
The R2S technology is not merely a treatment alternative, it plays a pivoting role in the sustainable development of a community. It is the future in decentralized wastewater management and it is available NOW.
If you would like to learn more about this unique technology please call or email us.